Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weird Things Happen Here

I just thought I would take a few minutes to let you know how strange and quirky of a place Moshav YadHashmonah is. First off, its a living community outside of Jerusalem founded around 1950 by Finnish Christians. If that is not quirky enough, there are always random bizarre things happening almost every single night. So far, I've experienced on the Moshav:
- either a wedding, bar mitzvah, or other form of celebratory party outside on the patio...every single night.
- said parties have featured such entertainment as Israeli pop music, accordian players, and a bagpiper in full Scottish regalia.
- a visit from the foreign minister of Finland.
- a lunch stop for a group of tourists associated with Benny Hinn.
- and to take the cake, tonight towards the end of dinner, there was a circumcision taking place on the opposite side of our dining area.

I couldn't make this stuff up. There is always something interesting happening around here. It makes me wonder what other odd things I'm going to witness.

Though it is pretty cool being here. No more than half a mile away on a hilltop lies Kiryat Yearim, which was where the Ark of the Covenant was kept until it was relocated to Jerusalem by David. I'm actually outside looking at it right now.

By the way, this is a picture I took from a hilltop at the Moshav early on a foggy morning...

No comments: