Friday, August 29, 2008

C'mon, Let's Light This Candle!

Needless to say, its been kind of a boring week. Not boring in the sense that I have had nothing to do (because I've kept myself reasonably occupied despite my new lack of both employment and work at the church), but the feeling of being in a state of stasis as I wait to leave tomorrow. Speaking of leaving, I'm pretty much all packed and ready to go. It still doesn't feel like I'm leaving, and I don't suspect it will until I'm waiting around at the airport. I've almost forgotten the joys of air travel.

Anyway, its been a good summer, and I'm looking forward to heading of to Israel so that I can do some adventuring and take my last steps towards graduation. I am, however, going to miss some things:

- my family. Thats kind of a no brainer.
- my friends. That includes the bros in Lincoln, everyone at HPEFC, and those in California.
- the college football season. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid. But its my favorite time of the year, and I really want to see my Huskers play. Oh well, thats why internet radio was invented.
- my bike. I wish I could have ridden more this summer. And the Vuelta begins this weekend.
- the fall season. I don't think I realized how much I love autumn until I moved somewhere where it doesn't really happen. I'm guessing Israel is similar.

This isn't everything. Not by a longshot. Just a few things that came to mind right away. But for as much that I will miss here, I'm sure there will be awesome stuff waiting for me in Israel. Well, I hope so, or else this will be a long trip.

By the way, I got a Skype account. If you want to call me on it, you can find me as mike.awtry. Also, I've still got AIM (my name is theawtch). I'm not sure how much I'll be on, but these would be some effective ways to communicate with me, if you ever felt the need or desire.

No comments: