Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Joys of Travel

So I'm sitting here in the Newark airport waiting for my plane to Tel Aviv. I've got a long layover, but it will be better in about half an hour when the Husker game starts. Thank God for the internet. I haven't missed watching or listening to a game in years, and I'm not about to start right now. GO BOFENSE!

This is my first time in New York, and I guess I'm not even really in New York. I did see the Empire State Building as we came in. I did my best to imagine King Kong smashing planes on the top. I think it worked. Everything else around the airport and the river looks like I thought it would based on crime and mafia movies. It was dockyards and big metal crates all over. I did my best to imagine some sort of "deal" going on in there. I don't think it worked.

Thus far, its been a pretty uneventful flight. I guess that is what you typically want when you fly. Typically, the only times you hear about a flight being eventful, bad things happen. At the very least, you miss your connecting flight and lose your luggage; at the other end, the plane explodes and you die. I'd prefer neither of those to happen, so I'm hoping my next and longest flight will be uneventful.

No comments: